Care Design New York was created with the involvement and participation of over 70 agencies with long and successful histories of specializing in the provision of services to children and adults with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities (IDD). Our story is rooted specifically in the provision of Medicaid Service Coordination. The agencies recognized that with the requirement for New York State to provide Medicaid Service Coordination in a conflict-free way, and to increase the provision of that service to a more elevated “Care Management”, they wanted to be involved and on the forefront of that transformation. We are stronger with the involvement of all of our partners. One in particular, Partners Health Plan (PHP), is the only managed care health plan for individuals with IDD in New York State.
Our mission is to assist individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities to get the supports and services they need to live a quality life.
We believe that all services available to families and individuals with developmental disabilities should be:
MSCs transitioning to care manager positions will be directly employed by Care Design NY from the start of operations July 1, 2018; however, our goal is to have them continue to be located at their current agency location for some time, as this will ensure the most effective service provision to individuals.
MSCs transitioning to care manager positions will be directly employed by Care Design NY from the start of operations July 1, 2018; however, they will continue to be located at their current agency locations for some time, as this will ensure the most effective service provision to individuals.
We will work with you, and your current service providers, to assist you to identify your life goals to develop a Life Plan for specific to your needs and desires.
We will use electronic documentation and communication custom-built care management software specifically tailored to meet individual needs, including the needs of children.
- I have been employed for 40 years in a variety of both direct care, supervisory, and administrative positions.
- My role as a MSC and working with this population over the years has equipped me with the ability to navigate the system as well as a variety of resources, that has enable me to better support and help the people with intellectual and physical challenges and their families.
- I have seen first-hand individuals achieve goals they did not think they could accomplish!
- Flexibility, teamwork, and respect, compassion, empathy and understanding.
- 35 years’ experience working with IDD population.
- I am looking for a place I can invest myself in and grow personally while helping the agency to maintain a powerful and important mission.
- I am motivated, task-oriented, efficient, and always willing to assist others.
- I am passionate about the services I provide and am a strong advocate for the people I support.
New York City Location
460 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
Care Design NY Emergency After Hours On-Call Hotline
Please only use number for urgent matters that cannot wait until the next business day.
The hotline will only be in operation after 5pm to 8:30am on business days and 24 hours per day on weekends and Care Design NY holidays. Please use our office lines during normal business hours.