Who knows how to support individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and their families better than you!
Care Design NY welcomes your guidance in the development and operation of our care coordination organization. We recognize that your advice is essential for us to provide the best service possible to our members; your knowledge, gained through experience, is key.
Join the Individual & Family Advisory Board in your region or simply attend a meeting to voice your opinion.
Why our members join the advisory boards:
- To help clearly outline the link to managed care
- To work collaboratively with Care Design NY staff in setting goals and evaluating progress
- To work on specific initiatives like staff development and the compilation of comprehensive resources to facilitate the work of Care Managers
- To foster strong relationships between Care Managers and families
- To increase knowledge and demystify all those acronyms
- To help immigrant families with language and social barriers to access to services
- To promote employment after high school
If you have specific information or feedback you would like to bring to our attention, we want to hear from you. We suggest contacting your Regional Director via phone or email. In addition, you are always welcome to reach out to anyone on the Leadership Team with ideas or concerns.
When you are not sure who to talk to, or how to reach your Care Manager or a supervisor, call our main number in Albany (518) 235-1888. During regular business hours, the receptionist who answers our phone in Albany can help you figure out who you need to speak with, anywhere in our organization, and how to reach that person quickly.